We received a very special gift from my parents this year for Christmas…a week in Tahoe at their time share! They wanted Zion to experience snow for the first time. It turned out to be quite an experience (2 ½ feet) for all of us! Here is what Zion loves most about snow…eating it! Our poor guy is teething some huge molars and can be beside himself at times, but a handful of snow seems to do the trick. I love how he’ll moan “MMMMmmm” as it melts in his mouth. We returned home late last night and enjoyed dinner (thanks Mom and Dad) after Zion crashed over a game of Scrabble in front of the fire. Jason and I went back and forth listing our favorite things about our family vacation.
• Cuddling, cuddling, and more cuddling with my boys.
• Taking Zion to the library for some much needed kid interaction. You would have thought we were snowed in for a month, not a day!
• Driving around the Lake the day we arrived. Zion napped and we just relaxed, talked, and enjoyed the views.
• Making my first snow angel…and on the beach. How cool is that?
• Cooking big breakfasts…and big lunches…and big dinners.
• Keeping the thermostat at 70 degrees, a luxury we do not allow ourselves at home!
• Finally writing thank you notes to all who celebrated Zion’s first year with us, a great reminder of how very blessed we are.
• Zion saying “hi” to everyone we pass. And he’ll keep saying “hi” until he is acknowledged. LOVE IT!
• Eating A-MAZING sushi at the Drunken Monkey in Truckee. I know. I was a bit leery about sushi in Truckee, too. Alas, it was superb, and Z is a champ at the bar. Win-win!
• Finding a local brewery, Fifty Fifty, for Jason to get his fix. He’s a champ at the bar, too :).
• Playing at the Truckee Children’s Museum with Jason and Zion. I’m not sure who had the most fun?
• Eating Italian at Lanza’s and watching Z eat angel hair pasta. This has become one of our tricks to keeping the boy entertained while we enjoy a night out. We all end up elbow deep in noodles, but it is totally worth it!
• Spending the evening at North Star Resort; watching ice skating, gathering around the fire pits and chatting with locals, Zion meeting “Santa”.
• Our last meal before boarding the plane home. Now tell me, is this ghetto-fabulous, or just plain fabulous? Our first stop when we flew into Reno was Costco. Jason found a local brew and I selected some yummy red wines. So, the morning we packed…I just couldn’t part with my half-full bottle of Pillar Box Red. On our drive down the mountain I spotted an In-N-Out. Let me tell you, they should seriously consider finally expanding their menu…that was the most delicious In-N-Out burger paired with my lovely blend of reds…enjoyed while sitting in the car and listening to Christmas music!
Happy Holidays! I’ll post pictures shortly!